Wednesday, November 19, 2008

I am the Next Jophet Pedroso…!
















I first heard about him last Novemeber 14, 2007 at the UNO Business Center, ATU Plaza, Gov. Duterte St., Davao City. Todate is November 14, 2008 and I am currently taking my vegetable breakfast with crab dip pair with prime juice at the Marco Polo Hotel, Hongkong. It is still vivid in my mind how I was so fond of him. He is one of the renowned workshop facilitator-speaker. He is said the master sculptor for those who want to develop their potential in business. He sounded so alive, so youthful (taking aside that life begins at 40). I was seated at the last row of the hall, but despite the position his voice reverberated to the walls. I don’t know if some of the listener had the same observation as myself. I am not a neophyte in the training business. I’ve been to number of trainings, from capacity building to advocacies down to legalities. But this one was different for it’s the first time I attended training that focused on how to develop ones potential in business. Since before, I kept telling myself I am a service oriented person. But because of the turned of events, I became interested to venture and explore new things not just to gaze at the star dazzle trophy.





It was early 7 o’clock in the evening when I got myself inside the Orchid Room of the Apo View Hotel last November 17, 2007, my second encounter with him. This time is a short workshop course on "Increasing Your Income Potential Wprkshop". When I entered the first part of the talk was almost done yet the meat of the workshop is not yet touched. I seated in the middle part of the room yet I need to adjust where I seated so that I could see him clearly. There were more than 200 listeners in the room. Although the first part of the lecture is a bit familiar because of my previous involvements but again, as a learner one should empty his cup so that you fill it with a new fresh brewed inputs. But listening to him gives me this important formula:










GOAL + PLAN + ACTION + RESULT = SUCCESS.










We always set goal for ourselves but it always turn out to be a goal alone for we didn’t had a plan on how to attain it.










When the plan is laid before us, it is the other who set it for us or simply our action was not focus on the plan. We kept on redirecting ourselves sometimes using some shortcuts which inevitably not focus to our destination and kept us roaming around.










And if we are then on the act, the result was not enough to satisfy our hunger for success. Something is lacking. Something has to fill it.










As a fallback, I assessed myself and that I am one of those who had set a goal but the plan is vague as is easily pulled due to being a multi taksed person. That is why still I am not contented of what I had. And that I started scribbling again.










Because of such inspiration, I declare, the next Jophet Pedroso of my generation. I hold a huge crowd of young hopefuls in UNO Hongkong on how to increase their potential by tapping the innermost desires of their hearts.

No comments: