Friday, January 23, 2009

HOW LONG WILL YOUTRUST A FRIEND???


I am hurting now for the betrayal of a dear friend. The question that keeps on pounding my mind at the moment is the fact that the friendship is traded with selfish interest. I am of no saint that could not commit a single mistake but I would not betray a friend in lieu of a silver coin.

In the bible, the best portrait of betrayal is the friendship between Judas and Jesus. Although repentant comes next but you could no longer regain the lost trust in 100 percent. Sad to note that Judas hung himself knowing the consequences of his action but it was too late. No matter how grave is his effort to regain the earlier action but it was of no use. Jesus is then directed to face trial of the sins he never committed.

I value the friendship to the best I could. I don’t know what poison it has to envelop me with such betrayal. I have done a thousand mistakes but never did I traded and intruded a friendship with a Judas’ kiss. This is what hurt me most. But let not this betrayal be the reasons to burn bridges rather a reason to reflect if you are really a friend. Words might be hurting, but what hurt most is the action left unsaid at your back.

Now, how long will trust a friend?

For me, I will still trust a friend.
Because for me
a friend…
is like a lover who tickles your emotions;
is like a brother who defends you against your enemies;
is like a mother who soothe you when you are in distress;
and like a father who scolds you when you are wrong
but neither hit you at your back.

Are you a friend that is worth to be trusted?

No comments: